Zombie Riddle

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Datasapien Datasapien 1 year ago. This post has been viewed 805 times

• Author
    Datasapien
    Datasapien
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 12

Halloween is coming up so I figured I’d cook up a lesson about zombies for my middle school boys.

The first part of the lesson requires this video (240p, whoop!).

The second part of the lesson requires this one.

The lesson starts with a brief introduction about what zombies are. I give the Ss 2-3 minutes to try fill in the gaps using the words in the box (the PPT has translations of some words the Ss might struggle with). After that, select a few Ss to read each sentence. Check answers with PPT.

Move onto the first video – play with English subtitles / CC.
    Play the first step (Step 1: Identify a Zombie) and elicit answers and check with PPT. Play the step again.
    Play the second step (Step 2: Survive an Attack) and elicit answers and check with PPT. Play the step again.
    Play the third step (Step 3: Kill the Undead) and elicit answers and check with PPT. Play the step again.
    Play the whole video one more time.

Move onto the second video – play with Korean subtitles.
    Play until the 2 minute mark. Check Ss understand the scenario by answering the worksheet questions (check with PPT).
    Give Ss ~10 minutes to try solve the riddle.
    After the time is up, play the remainder of the video and the check answer with the PPT.

Note: I’ve had a couple of students finish the riddle very quickly (I think they had seen the video before? Or just geniuses?) so you might want to have a little backup plan or something in case!

Note: I didn’t check the Korean translations with a KT but I’m reasonably sure they’re accurate (enough), but you might want to run it by someone before you use it in your classes.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    2+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.