Uhh… Hi there!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Andy 2 years, 8 months ago. This post has been viewed 1182 times

• Author

Andy
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts: 103

So we avoided having a general discussion area on this site because we didn’t want it to turn into a toxic environment like we saw happen on other similar sites. However, we just passed the one year mark and even though we have a decent amount of site traffic, we have very little participation.

I figured that maybe having a general place to chat would be helpful in making this site a community rather than a ‘download Mr C’s materials’ place.

I’ll start! I’m Andy and I handle all of the back end stuff here. I’m not a tech guy, so forgive me if anything here doesn’t work well. I would appreciate if you report any site problems you have though. πŸ™‚

In addition, I have been living in Korea since 2004 (with a few years spent in Malaysia mixed in) and live out in the exurbs of Songdo. I mostly teach college level writing and should probably set a good example by sharing more of my materials.

Anyway, happy Friday, and please feel free to comment and say hi!

fdfsdfds
    Datasapien
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 12

Hi! Just joined today, love how crisp and clean the site looks. Also like the fact that it doesn’t rely on Google Drive to upload / download!

I’ve been in Korea since Aug 2012 with the EPIK program. 2 years elem, 3 years at an English center and going on 18 months at a middle school now. So far so good πŸ™‚

Mr C
    Mr C
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 252

Haha!

I guess it does seem like that, but I’m hoping people will start to fill in some of the other textbooks, at least.

Me, I taught in the States for 20+ years before coming to Seoul in 2008. Spent four years at a boy’s high school, and have been in elementary since then.

I have two mottos:

“Pay the thunder no mind; listen to the birds.” –Eubie Blake

“Everything will be all right in the end. If it is not all right, it is not yet the end.” –Sonny from “Best Exotic Marigold Hotel”

jociewalk
    jociewalk
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 4

Hello,

Before coming to Korea I worked as a substitute teacher, special ed teacher’s aide, gymnastics instructor, and banker. I have been in Korea since February of 2017. My first year I worked in an academy. We used zero tech except for a CD player. It was a nice, and daunting, change to move to an elementary school my second year. I am a direct hire by my school so I did not get the orientation through EPIK and had very little instruction as to what was expected of me. Thankfully my predecessor guided me to file sharing sites. Still, I will say that the sink or swim method is not exactly my favorite way of learning. πŸ˜€

Andy
      Keymaster
      • Total Posts: 103

I don’t know how I missed this a couple weeks ago, sorry! Glad you are here and hope you find everything you need.

I also had a similar issue when I first came to Korea way back in 2004. They handed me a book and threw me into a classroom, it was a disaster!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.