Songdo March 1st Marathon – 2020 (10k and 5k race) [FREE]

Winter Camp is Around the Corner Forums Discussion Forum Life in Korea Songdo March 1st Marathon – 2020 (10k and 5k race) [FREE]

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Andy 2 weeks, 3 days ago. This post has been viewed 63 times

• Author

Andy
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts: 99

As far as I know, no one has started running in Korea because of me writing here, but I am eternally hopeful. Anyway, a free race on March 1st in Songdo would be a good place to start. That’s right, it is free as in beer, which is great because last year I ran and then drank like thirty cups of free makkeolli after the race. Did I mention it is free?

Anyway, March 1st is a holiday (though this year falls on a Sunday) celebrating the Korean Independence Movement, and it is celebrated in a variety of ways – including a variety of running races around the country. Because I live in Songdo and the race is free, though, I am only really going to talk about that one. If you live elsewhere in the country and have the desire to run on March 1st, there are a lot of Independence Movement runs listed on the Korean marathon schedule (in Hangeul, but not hard to figure out) including runs in Bucheon, Jamsil, Ulsan, Suwon, and more.

Anyway, for the Songdo race, it starts at 9:00am on Sunday March 1 in Solchan Park (just behind Incheon National University). If you took the Subway to Incheon National University station (Incheon Line 1), you might be surprised because the station is nowhere near the university. You could leave from exit 1 and walk straight for about 20 minutes, but plenty of buses are available outside exit 2 (Bus numbers 8, 780-1, 908 and 909 all go there).

If you sign up you get a bib number, a resistance headband and a medal for completion, and all the makkeolli you can drink after the race. But, since it is free and there are limited spaces available, if you do want to sign up you should do it today!

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by  Andy.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.