Fun Fillers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Mr C Mr C 2 months, 3 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 5951 times

• Author
    Mr C
    Mr C
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 279

Here are a few activities I use (together with fun visual videos) after we’ve finished all the lessons and reviews:

-Picture games, basically like very short rebus puzzles
    -Opposite game, name the opposite
    -Numbers game, for example 88 KOAP means 88 keys on a piano. There is a visual hint for each one
    -Top Five listing game, general topics
    -What is it? close-up/hiddwn pics

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    chelleinkorea
    chelleinkorea
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 1

Thank you !

lisakey23
    Lisa
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 2

thank you so much! going to use this next week with my kiddos(:

Mr C
    Mr C
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 279

Two new sixth grade filler activities, for the last classes before summer break:

-slang and text lingo: this is a combination of a few different things, on the theme of lingo, how people greet each other, some slang terms, text icons/emojis and text lingo. The main activity is for Ss to work out the words of a popular song after I’ve put them though a “texting translator” (old Dave Deubelbeiss activity updated w graphics and songs) There are plenty of songs, but stop about 9 min before end of class to watch the story of Gerald McBoing-Boing (this version I’ve added some subtitles to, but not too much): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33SIj7OsKvA

-Icon game, I don’t remember where the original come from, but I’ve pared it down and made a team-style whiteboard quiz out of it. Teams try to recognise and write down the five names in a category after seeing the “icon” image of each. Categories include people, cities, countries, brands, tv/movies, characters. I’ll bookend this with a couple videos of street/sidewalk art from YT.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.