Disney World Camp

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Angel 4 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 1805 times

• Author
    Meepalot
    Meepalot
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 3

(these are the PPT files used from Day 1 to Day 4; see Day 5 and activity files in other post)

Please check the camp schedule file first, to see the order and organization for everything 🙂

I did this camp during the winter (with a budget of 120,000won) and it was very successful. It combines Disney with world exploration by dedicating parts of the days to different countries/regions.

The camp opens with an entrance PPT and then everyone gets sorted into 4 teams (Shrek, Coco, Moana, Frozen).
    -We made name crowns and magic wands
    -Decorated team banners (taped these to the front of the class)
    -Had some storytimes (modified Pocahontas and Mulan into PPT form)
    -Played various games (of course)
    -Everyday we had some sort of snack as we watched a movie (see schedule for snacks ;). Also I showed them Meet the Robinsons–since many hadn’t seen it and they ended up loving it!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    3+
    Meepalot
    Meepalot
    Participant

Powerpoint files continued…

Notes:
    -For Day 3’s 2 Truths, 1 Lie: each group get s a whiteboard to write their answer. Correct answers earn 1 point each.
    -Day 4’s Final Day Games: I just used these slides to remind me what game we were on

Attachments:
    2+
    Meepalot
    Meepalot
    Participant

…files continued

Here are the activity files (printables). You can find my notes/explanations within most of these files.
    Also note, I changed the “forest craft” on Day 2 to making paper houses (file included).

Notes:
    -I purchased super cheap LED tealights from Coupang for each student to use with their paper houses and lanterns
    -Lantern Template: I printed these on various patterned and coloured papers for the kids to choose from

Attachments:
    2+
    Meepalot
    Meepalot
    Participant

Some lil extras because I’m extra…

-wallpaper files: I like to have these gorgeous Disney illustrations on shuffle as my desktop wallpaper and screensaver (whoo theme!!)

-puzzles and colouring sheets: for kids who finish early

-coupang list: sent this to my head office for finances; includes great links for cheap supplies for this camp

Attachments:
    3+

Angel
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 1

This may be what I do for summer camp. All your materials have been so helpful this year

1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.