Cream Cheese Makkeolli

We Are Back-to-School! Forums Discussion Forum Food and Drink Cream Cheese Makkeolli

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Andy 3 years, 11 months ago. This post has been viewed 771 times

• Author

Andy
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts: 103

There isn’t much to do in Songdo, so one of the ways I like to kill time is looking for interesting stuff in the supermarkets, and buying it if it is cheap enough. I found a 56,000krw beer (330ml!) in Lotte Mart not long ago(didn’t buy it), and have been recently seeing cheese stuff everywhere.

Normally I don’t buy the strange cheese stuff, but the other day I saw cream cheese flavored makkeolli in the discount bin for 50% off, or 1300krw. That is a definite buy in my book, and I proceeded to the register without hesitation.

Unfortunately, what I didn’t realize was that the alcohol percentage was also half off, at a measly 3%. Still, for something as gross as cream cheese makkeolli I am glad I bought it.

****PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE INLINE IMAGES****

I was excited to try it because I love both makkeolli and cream cheese, and yet can’t imagine a combination that I would like less than cream cheese makkeolli.

Oddly, it really isn’t that bad. It doesn’t really taste like makkeolli that much. It is really, really, really sweet, and thick, so it tastes like a cheesecake that someone put in a blender. Now, that sounds awesome, but after a sip or two, it kind of gets to a drinker. I finished the bottle.

It didn’t get any better, but it was tolerable. Personally I prefer something less sweet, and with a little more kick to it, but I can imagine that some people would like this stuff just fine.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Andy.

Andy
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts: 103

Oh, and one of the more egregiously cheese flavored items? Feast your eyes on this:
    ****PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE INLINE IMAGES****

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Andy.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.