CamTESOL 2020

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Andy 2 months, 4 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 298 times

• Author

Andy
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts: 99

Ok, this one is actually late. The CamTESOL conference is Feb 7-9 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. It is long past the deadline to submit papers, but you could still sign up to attend the conference if so interested. The reason I bring it up is because I will be presenting a workshop on making our students better editors of their own work. If you happen to be attending, drop a line below and maybe we can meet up.

Anyway, I originally presented at CamTESOL way back in like 2012, when I was living in Malaysia. It is a huge conference, and was a great experience. That being said, I made the mistake of presenting a really academic, research based topic, which in hindsight was kind of a bad fit. Most of the attendees were Cambodian teachers looking for practical things to use in their classroom, and I spent a half hour talking about language learning and motivation in dry, statistical terms. Bad mix. So anyway, this time I am going to do a practical demonstration and workshop about editing which should hopefully be a big help to the people attending.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.