Buldakbokkeummyeon (불닭볶음면)

We Are Back-to-School! Forums Discussion Forum Food and Drink Buldakbokkeummyeon (불닭볶음면)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Andy 4 years, 1 month ago. This post has been viewed 1475 times

• Author

Andy
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts: 103

I love Buldakbokkeummyeon (I will call it BDBM from now on, even though that is a terrible name). The thing is, though, that I am a skinflint and I don’t like to pay 4,000krw for a 5 pack of instant noodles. Because of this, I am always cruising through the discount aisles of the local supermarkets hoping to find some that is on sale (along with anything else that catches my eye). I have decent enough luck that I can find it fairly regularly, and it also pops up in online sales quite often.

However, about a week ago I saw a 5 pack of BDBM Cool~ (I believe that is their styling) for like 2,000krw. Too good to be true, right? The cool is as spicy as the original, but the noodles are thinner so that the sauce sticks better. Plus, I must say I am a fan of the blue packaging and the chicken with a tube. Needless to say, I bought it.

When I got home I was putting my groceries away and I happened to look at the noodle pack. That was when I realized the error of my ways. I didn’t buy a pack of BuldakBOKKEUMmyeon, I bought a pack of BuldakBIBIMmyeon (불닭비빔면)!

I had never heard of BDBBM (another dumb name) before, and the packages are literally exactly the same aside from the name. The logo is the same, the colors are the same, everything: same. Needless to say, this was a frustrating experience. It turns out that the BDBBM is not spicy at all! The flavor is ok, but I want my noodles to be painful to eat.

****PLEASE LOGIN TO SEE INLINE IMAGES****

So, I am writing this so no one else makes the same mistake I did. To be safe, above is a list of the varieties of BDBM and their spiciness levels. Missing from the list are the “Cool~” varieties, which are supposedly the same number of SHUs as their regular counterparts. Also missing is the mythical nuclear option (핵불닭볶음면). I have never seen the nuclear in person, only online, and have never tried it. However, it apparently has double the SHUs of the original, which would put it in the 8,000-9,000 range. That’s pretty spicy.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Andy.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.