2019 Gr 6 Cheonjae (Ham) – Lesson 8: I’m taller than you

Back-to-School postponed again! Forums Materials Elementary School 6th Grade 2019 Gr 6 Cheonjae (Ham) 2019 Gr 6 Cheonjae (Ham) – Lesson 8: I’m taller than you

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Mr C Mr C 3 months, 4 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 4993 times

• Author
    DrKnow
    DrKnow
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts: 492

Add your post below

Mr C
    Mr C
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 226

My materials for this lesson:

-quick review of adjectives
    -brief discussion of forming comparatives with sentence-making and “magic nuber” or stand up game
    -Comparative Detective: post picture clues around the room which are sentence prompts for the teams. They assemble the clues to identify the four people; instructions included, quite fun
    -What Am I? game: a team chooses a slide and reads the four sentences, sometimes changing an adjective (printed in red) into its comparative form. All the teams write on their whiteboards what was being described. If a team guesses right, they earn a point, but if they are wrong, their point goes to the reading team
    -Incredible Suprerlatives: Ss get a worksheet to complete the sentences by filling in superlatives as we go through the presentation–richest person, smallest mammal, etc
    -worksheet (PPT w answers) completing sentences comparing Bob the Builder, Homer Simpson and Alice to each other
    -TF bets and TF warmup cover the same comparative facts, but the betting game is competitive
    -race cars themed quiz game
    -two more warm-ups: fill in the blanks based on the pics, and Tayo cartoon unscramble game, 2 rounds of six sentences

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Mr C Mr C.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    4+
    Mr C
    Mr C
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 226

I had to re-do the detective game for social distancing, so I’m going to re-upload it here.

I also took somebody’s Daft Punk ppt and set the lyrics to time with the audio and expanded it a bit (but Thank You to the creator!)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    1+

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.