2019 Gr 6 Cheonjae (Ham) – Lesson 5: I’m going to see a movie

Back-to-School postponed again! Forums Materials Elementary School 6th Grade 2019 Gr 6 Cheonjae (Ham) 2019 Gr 6 Cheonjae (Ham) – Lesson 5: I’m going to see a movie

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Mr C Mr C 5 months, 3 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 3904 times

• Author
    DrKnow
    DrKnow
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts: 492

Add your post below

Mr C
    Mr C
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 221

Here are my materials, not much new, but updated for the new edition:

-review of tenses PPT (I show this first)
    -vocab intro scaffolded, with 2 rounds of matching
    -Dragon’s Lair game, a knights and dragon skin on my decoding game. Kids like these. Instructions included
    -Reading race; assuming teams of four, each student reads two sentences while their team is timed on the teacher’s stopwatch. (Fun, but not something I do very often.)
    -Roadside attractions, a read-aloud activity with aboout four key sentences, focusing on various attractions, from Whakarewarewa tourist village in New Zealand to Petite France in Gapyong to Jurassic World. At the end are a few rounds of picture reveal with vocab practice
    RPS Rock-paper-scissors, point-counting, sentence-writing game. Simple, but the Ss love it
    -3 warm-up games, each with two rounds: Simpsons-themed, word clouds, race cars!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

AAT380
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 3

The word clouds are genius! Did you make these yourself in photoshop/something similar, or perhaps there is a website that helps to make these word clouds? Either way, a brilliant idea. I would like to use them in a future class sometime soon. Thanks again!

Mr C
      Mr C
      Participant

I use a website called https://wordart.com/ (free membership).

Happy teaching!

Mr C
    Mr C
    Participant

What Happens Next:

Students see a picture and have 4 options about what happens next in the picture. Then we see the video.
    -you could have each team choose (write on whiteboard) or have each student choose and write their guess sentence in their notebooks

Attachments:
    1+

StefaneeKaye
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 7

Used the translations and pics from another intro and made a Pokemon themed PPT with trainers and music. All of the music and the font file are in the zip file. Note, I’d turn down the volume so it is more ambient music while the students write down the vocab and expressions. It can be loud.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X3qjhg1xhXFR49l0P0n9xoYWCarEzLhU/view

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  StefaneeKaye.

StefaneeKaye
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 7

Final bomb game using the PDX101/Kpop PPT I recently made a template for. πŸ™‚ Make sure to check the notes on the first hidden page and do a run through of the game to see if you need to download the music files into the folder with the game. ^^ Enjoy. The PPT file size is massive between the music and gifs, just a forewarning.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kw5um1m1N_cKtjdLAgCFVI6iOiufWIEr

Mr C
    Mr C
    Participant

New Words with songs focusing on vocab and expressions used in this lesson.

Attachments:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.