2019 Gr 5 Cheonjae (Ham) – Lesson 1: Where are you from

We Are Back-to-School! Forums Materials Elementary School 5th Grade 2019 Gr 5 Cheonjae (Ham) 2019 Gr 5 Cheonjae (Ham) – Lesson 1: Where are you from

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Mr C Mr C 2 months ago. This post has been viewed 6431 times

• Author
    DrKnow
    DrKnow
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts: 492

Add your post below

Mr C
    Mr C
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 235

Here are my materials for this lesson:
    -flags of countries made from food
    -introduction of the new characters and their countries (you might want to trade out the pics of me in a sombrero and non for your own)
    -cartoon children’s characters from key countries (and others) practicing the expressions plus a “4 pictures, one country” game
    -Last man standing game, students read/fill in sentences to represent their team in the final round
    -Sentence relay game-post “world cloud” pics around the room, and students from each team relay the sentence back to their teammates who write it down (it’s like sentence dictation)
    -R-P-S Rock-paper-scissors, point-counting, sentence-writing game. Simple but they love it
    -Stations activity, full instructions included, they love this too
    -two warm-ups, one an unscramble game, the other uses just the world clouds from the sentence relay game above
    -great song: Where are you from by the Baby Grands lyrics sheet, video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1ti-VWkBLE

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    2+
    Mr C
    Mr C
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 235

A couple of new items:
    -warmup-check: 6 item multi-choice quiz, graphics taken from homework section of text
    -chickenwriting: this is a telepathy-style game on someone’s (I can’t figure out whose) very fun chicken chef theme. Ss earn a point if their chicken doesn’t get turned into a bowl of samgyetang or KFC bucket or whatever …

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.