2018 Gr 4 YBM (Kim) – Lesson 7: It’s under the table

We Are Back-to-School! Forums Materials Elementary School 4th Grade 2018 Gr 4 YBM (Kim) 2018 Gr 4 YBM (Kim) – Lesson 7: It’s under the table

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by houck3r houck3r 1 month, 3 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 3705 times

• Author
    DrKnow
    DrKnow
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts: 494

Add your post below

Mr C
    Mr C
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 246

My materials:
    (this lesson uses only in, on and under. I’ve added a bit of behind and next to, just to beef up the text)
    -introduction to prepositions with some guessing games
    -a paper connect four game for pairs
    -Find the Monkeys game, I’m not sure who made this, but I added cockroaches
    -a quiz (ie bomb game) on prepositions that’s been floating around for a while
    -three good warm-up activitiesL chase the vocab, a memory game (students have to remember if the monkey is in the tree, the dog on the bed, after briefly seeing a series a pictures), and The Flash game, teams have a split second to view the picture and make a sentence.
    -a worksheet with a”double puzzle” and a wordsearch on it
    -Pokemon writing game. It’s so obvious, I don’t know why no one ever did this before (or maybe they did and I missed it). Students will follow along as Ash and Pikachu chase down pokemon. A yellow box will come up on the PPT students copy the sentence into their notebooks and fill in the missing words.

I also cut the very good “In-on-under” song down a bit–I can’t even sing the “the C is in front of the D” stuff myself. Also, here’s a link to Grover teaching some prepositions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKu3NE7Omkw

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Mr C Mr C.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    GCS
    GCS
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 2

These ppts each cover one entire period 45 mins in my case. It contains material from the book, a review of key expressions, and some games obtained from other members. Thank you all!

Jk it’s too big let me google drive it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Lt1BoRVTusp-awwxHaY47GZtwc1GU8dA

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by GCS GCS.
      confuerte
      confuerte
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1

The link doesn’t work anymore, can you repost it?

Mr C
    Mr C
    Participant

What does the fox say quiz game for this lesson with a few items from previous.

Attachments:
    Mr C
    Mr C
    Participant

I don’t know how, but I neglected to upload my Bugs Bunny being chased by Elmer Fudd preposition activity here.

Also, I just made a words with songs ppt for them, since yesterday, kids in a couple of classes started singing “Under the Sea:”:

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by Mr C Mr C.
    Attachments:
      houck3r
      houck3r
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1

These are ALL really great Mr. C! Thank you for your hard work!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.