2018 Gr 4 YBM (Kim) – Lesson 3: Who is he?

‘Living with Covid’ Back-to-School! Forums Materials Elementary School 4th Grade 2018 Gr 4 YBM (Kim) 2018 Gr 4 YBM (Kim) – Lesson 3: Who is he?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Mr C Mr C 5 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 5029 times

• Author
    DrKnow
    DrKnow
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts: 494

Add your post below

Mr C
    Mr C
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 279

Materials:
    -intro using the Simpsons
    -bingo game (students select a number, then we see the vocab image)
    -Simpsons family tree warm-up with review of previous lessons
    -writing game, Ss choose sentence to write, then number of stars is revealed
    -rock-paper-scissors “ladder” game with the Incredibles
    -wordsearch, two per page
    -I use Rain rain go away as a song for this lesson: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFrKYjrIDs8

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mr C
    Mr C
    Participant

Again, with the additional materials (as i found out I’m teaching all periods) some of them borrowed and “fixed up” or amended so they have the number of rounds or take the time I need them to.
    -vocab review for period 1 with scaffolding (has solutions to the wordseach above)
    -“Frozen” themed quiz game
    -warm-up with a “Mission Impossible” theme, two rounds

Attachments:
    Mr C
    Mr C
    Participant

This is a new crossword puzzle format ideal for Zoom lessons, with complete instructions included.
    Based on great work by Window, but using image clues. Included is a two-per-page copy of the crossword grid.

PPT has been edited so the picture clues are numbered

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by Mr C Mr C.
    Attachments:

Danaizha
      Participant
      • Total Posts: 1

Hey Mr.C,

Thank you for providing this. So I played the PPT for the crossword puzzle but for some reason, it won’t the pictures in PowerPoint mode. Is there something that I need to click? So that I can present the pictures?

Thank you,
      Danaizha

Mr C
      Mr C
      Participant

Hmm. Did you follow the instructions on the PPT?

There are two invisible boxes in the first square of each answer. The left box shows the clue picture (you can toggle it on and off). The right side box reveals the answer.

In the case of a down clue that shares its number (in this crossword, that’s 1, 3 and six) the down clues boxes are in the second letter square.

Mr C
    Mr C
    Participant

New warm-up for this lesson: 4 pictures, 1 word game, 2 rounds. Each team guesses the vocab from the pictures, then everybody reads the sentence/dialogue.

Attachments:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.