2018 Gr 3 YBM (Kim) – Lesson 13: How’s the weather

Winter Camp is Around the Corner Forums Materials Elementary School 3rd Grade 2018 Gr 3 YBM (Kim) 2018 Gr 3 YBM (Kim) – Lesson 13: How’s the weather

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Mr C Mr C 1 week, 3 days ago. This post has been viewed 1560 times

• Author
    DrKnow
    DrKnow
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts: 492

Add your post below

shehleeza
    shehleeza
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 2

Period 1: Finger DDR, Snatch Game

Period 2: Finger DDR, Match Game

Finger DDR:

Using a poster paper draw out the chart at the beginning of the ppt. Then using a pointer stick follow the song. After showing the students how to do it choose a few students to try it on the poster. You can hand out a printout to all the students so they can sing and DDR as well.

review period: Story telling, practice, Team memory game, touch the card, zombie game, 4 corners game (we did not get through all materials in one class but I have more review classes)

*Snatch game cards can be used for the touch the card game:
    I drew a section for each weather on the board and gave each student at the front of the team a magnet, they had to put the correct card on the board using the magnet under the correct weather section. This activity can take some time and the students enjoyed it

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    3+
    Mr C
    Mr C
    Participant
    • Total Posts: 207

My materials:

-well-circulated story of the young mole who wants to go on a picnic
    -vocab practicw w pretty good graphics and a matching game
    -more vocab review with picture reveal
    -“cards” game, put one set of cards in a bag for each team, Team members ask “How’s the weather?” and the student who turn it is gives an snswer: “It’s raining.” Then the S reaches into the bag and pulls a card. Keep it if correct. If you pull the bomb, all your cards go back in.
    -“Silly Bulls” scramble game, but the words are scrambled by syllable.
    -quiz game on a Frozen movie theme
    -Olaf grid game

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.